Monday, June 14, 2010

bathing suits and cheap makeup: who wouldn't read a post called that?


I actually found time to pop into TJ Maxx yesterday and I scored a cute Jantzen bathing suit for $15. It's from their Jantzen Classics line so it has the perfect "low" cut leg that makes you look as fabulous as Esther Williams circa 1946.
Jantzen turned 100 this year - who knew? Still looking so good!

I've also become a regular cosmetic shopper at Walgreens since I'm quite positive that nobody at Home Depot, the grocery store, or the garden center cares if I'm wearing Channel eye liner or Lancome foundation. Most of the time I just put on giant sunglasses and hope that no one can tell that i'm not wearing make-up at all! Some of my recent drug store faves are...

Cover Girl Advanced Radiance foundation. It's called "age-defying" (whatever that means) and it's targeted for those of us who are 35+. It's sheer but still has some coverage and also has a 10 SPF sunscreen.

Sally Hansen nail polish in shade #130 - Sheer Me Now.

L'Oreal "Endless" collection lipstick. I have a few different shades but "Timeless Tawny" is an all around, everyday wear type of color.

I'm still in search of a good cheap mascara. The last 2 that I purchased totally sucked...Cover Girl's "lash blast length" and Maybelline's "Volum Express" (this is their spelling of volume by the way). I have light brown, short , almost non-existant lashes. I need help!

1 comment:

  1. I use something with a full brush - Loreal's Voluminous has been a best friend for over a decade. Couple of coats, then when it dries I use their Telescopic to separate and extend. If it gives you spider lashes then get one of those metal eyelash combs, you can find them at Ulta for sure...sometimes they pop up in other stores. Good luck, mascara's a difficult one!

    ReplyDelete