Friday, July 30, 2010

I want but I do not need

Do you ever find yourself wanting something that you absolutely do not need? Of course you do! Mine is this stupid cookie stand from Asplund (Sweden) designed by Stina Sandwall. I say stupid but in that I mean incredibly stylishly cool. Reality --- I never serve cookies or pastries. I would probably set it out on display completely empty although I can imagine doing something with plants on this thing.


I have seen it on-line for $160 - $182 and after a month or two always seem to forget who makes it and exactly how much it costs (in my brain it costs $82). So I look it up and then remember why I didn't buy it in the first place. Hopefully posting about it here will...
A) make me realize how much I do not need this.
B) be my memory back-up so I can save myself about 30 minutes of google searching.
C) give someone a really cool idea for a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment