Wednesday, September 1, 2010

rug round up: take two

I'm looking for some new rugs. Knowing that Lottie loves to puke on my rugs, I have been buying the $27 specials from Home Depot that do not contain a single natural fiber. Let me know if you've seen any good yet inexpensive ones out there.

Thank you Morgan for identifying this amazing black and white rug. It's an ikea rug which is of course no longer available - the ALVINE TRIANGEL...from way back in 2007! Obviously I was not rug shopping at Ikea back in 2007 or 2008 when this thing was popular.


I thought I was going to love the Ikea 'Jorun' rug however it was grey and tan in real life and not grey and cream as I had hoped...maybe once I paint it might work...


West Elm has a new one, the Kite Kilim, that will be avaialble in November. It's pretty good...


This black and white one is no longer available from Anthropologie and it was likely more expensive than I would ever pay for a rug that will get hurled on by my dog...but I still really love the design...


I did get this 'Hessum' runner from Ikea and I love it...

I like it layered on top of a larger grey area rug in my bedroom...

3 comments:

  1. I like the grey and tan! The West Elm is nice too..Sometimes Pier One can be a source for cheap rugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one you like is actually ikea-but it's discontinued. It was one of favorites of their textiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info! I wish the Ikeas weren't such a pain in the butt to get to here in the Chicagoland area (at least from where I live). Or maybe it's a good thing that I only get there once a year. I have a feeling I'll be going back soon for the JORUN.

    ReplyDelete