Tuesday, November 30, 2010

living room: changing things up

before...


and now after I moved some things around...





With all the same furnishings, how different can it really be!! I had the couch this way for the first couple of years that we lived here. Then I moved the couch in front of the window and it stayed there for 3 years. I liked the furniture the way it was but 3 years is a long time and I was bored with it! I'm still messing around in there but this is basically the new configuration. Lottie doesn't want to sit on the couch in its new location so I can probably lose the cheap ikea throw blanket. Or get a nicer one that I could actually use. I also think I want less orange stuff in the room... the chair and the big orange painting are enough. Some things on the mantle might have to change soon too. I definitely need new fireplace tools. We've had that log holder for about 6 or 7 years and it could be time for something different. I'll be adding a Christmas tree to the mix in about a week so I might have to put my complete living room make-over on hold until after the holidays.

Lottie update... she is now napping on both the couch and the orange chair. She just needed a couple of weeks to assimilate.

problem area...


Now I'm on the hunt for a small credenza to put in the entry way. I love these...


credenza photos from Amsterdam Modern

No comments:

Post a Comment