
Christmas morning was beautiful. Fresh snow fell overnight. At times the sun was bright. The clouds broke in a few spots to reveal a crisp winter blue sky. I'm such a nature dork. I woke up early and filled the bird bath full of seeds as a special treat for my birds... and for myself since I got to enjoy watching them all morning while I drank coffee with Mark. A perfect Christmas morning.



I can't believe I never thought to fill the bath with seeds. LOSER! So much easier than refilling the seed feeders! Glad you enjoyed your day!
ReplyDeleteIt was fun to watch the nice, cute birds have a feeding frenzy all morning. Lottie charged a squirrel later in the day and knocked the whole thing over. It was just a matter of time before every starling and squirrel in my town showed up so I guess it was good while it lasted :)
ReplyDeleteLove #3, in particular!
ReplyDeleteI have too many sparrows. They're like the pigeon of Urbana, I swear, but I'm determined to attract better birds in 2011!
I think I've got a goldfinch for every sparrow! There are so many finches here. I like the Wild Delight brand seed. I add some nuts and sunflower seeds to the Wild Delight Special Finch food blend. It's working for me. "Pigeon of Urbana"...too funny!
ReplyDelete