








And the Mark and Beth Contruction Company is still working at a snail's pace! It's been a little over a month since my last basement remodel post and I can proudly say the electrical wiring is complete. With a lot of help from a friend, a licensed electrician, we now have 35 new lights and so many electrical outlets and light switches. The old basement used to have one option for light in the main space - one switch for all on or all off. Oh how I hated those flourecent lights in that drop ceiling!! Now we have 6 switches just in the main space and they are all on dimmers and there are so many lighting options. The sound system is also installed and connected to the upstairs for whole-house rocking out. Mark even added a ceiling speaker to the kitchen while he was at it. We spent the weekend carrying sheets of drywall from the garage into the basement and that sucked. At least for me and my bunk left arm. The sub-pump and furnace are now walled off (and insulated for some soundproofing) and 3 walls of the laundry room are hung. Yes, we are the slowest drywall hangers in the universe. And Lottie, a dog that used to hate being around power tools, is now hanging out right next to all the construction action. She's come a long way this year.
Nice lighting! It looks like it's going to be great...and HUGE! So jealous of your sound...
ReplyDeleteThanks CMW! We really need Amy Matthews or some other HGTV/DIY tv person to come with their crew and help finish this monster basement up...for free. I dream big. I was admiring all your wooded land today at your blog. By the time the Things are away at college, I'll be ready to move into the treehouse. Keep that in mind as you're building it, ok. I'm kind of tall.
ReplyDelete