




1. Purslane
2. Mezoo
3. Supertunia
4. Cerveza 'n Lime
5. Superbells
Hello fellow Zone 5-ers! These are a few of my favorite NO FUSS annuals. They're not the most exciting flowers however they are the ones I buy every year because I know exactly what to expect. White Supertunias? Really?? Yes! If you dress them up in a potted arrangement with sedum and some grass...they can work. Not in an incredibly interesting way but you will get a LOT of flowers. I also buy a lot of Purslane. White, orange, sometimes even hot pink. It's always available at Home Depot and Lowes and for a bargain price. I usually have to hit a nicer garden center to get my Cerveza n' Lime and Mezoo although Lowes had Mezoo one year. And Superbells...a small petunia hybrid...will give you a whole summer's worth of blooms and is my choice for hanging baskets.
I hope you all have a great holiday weekend - go plant some flowers!!
No comments:
Post a Comment