Sunday, March 4, 2012

it's 70 degrees in my kitchen






A little more than two years ago I made my first vintage item purchase on Etsy. Sure I had bought some art prints and other handmade goods there long before this purchase but this was my very first plunge into the vintage world of Etsy. And it was for this lovely thermometer.

You know what... I still love that thing as much as I did when it first arrived at my house, so cutely packaged with a handmade Etsy-style thank you card from the seller, Haus Proud. This old Honeywell thermomter actually works too. I look at it every morning when I get up and head into the kitchen for some coffee. Those birds still make me smile.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your thermometer....so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the kind mention! I adore your blog, your style and your home. The bird thermometer looks right at home in your kitchen! It's times like this that make me love what I do. - Haus Proud

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks HP... and thanks for the mention on your blog too! I've still got the yellow baking dish with the lid that I also bought from you happily displayed in my kitchen. Haus Proud is well represented in there!

    ReplyDelete