Wednesday, April 10, 2013

slatty and wirey popularity


Even my little blog gets some traffic from Pinterest, especially from the slat wood air conditioner cover that Mark built.  Pictures of this project are the most pinned photos from HousePet.  Who knew it would be such a hit?   Some Pinterest viewers had questions about the top of the A/C cover so I've included a couple of photos here that hopefully will help.  Truth be told, those top slats weren't even nailed down when I took the pictures for the original post.  I was just so excited about Mark's handy work that I busted out the camera before he was completely finished. 


 
Each week I also get people clicking over to ol' HousePet from the Ikea Hackers site for my Tradig wire bowl planter.  It amazes me that something posted almost 2 years ago continues to be seen.  Crazy!  In a few weeks it should be warm enough to get the Tradig planted for Summer 2013... I can't wait to get things growing again outdoors.  Happy Spring and Happy Pinning!



3 comments:

  1. That is still a genius air conditioner camoflauge..I can see why it's popular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2020, It's December in New England and I just came upon your design; "SLATTY" A/C hide it!
    It's my next project because it's going to be made out of a few disposed wood pallets I collected. Yours looks more like 2" X 4"'s and I don't have those laying around. I'm very glad I saw this. Happy New Year Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for the beautiful idea. We have some air conditioning units next to stone walls on an island in the Aegean Sea in Greece. I had seen several covers for outdoor air conditioning units, but none of them really matched the setting.
    I would appreciate it if you could tell me a few things about the way you joined the wooden pieces and how you connected the sides. (digalanos@gmail.com)
    Thank you very much once again for the lovely idea.
    Dimitris

    ReplyDelete