Sunday, May 12, 2013

baltimore and carolina


What a kickass bird week it's been in my backyard.  Here's a little update for the 2 people that I think will slightly care...

Baltimore Orioles!  First time I've ever seen them in my backyard.  Mark got a photo of the male and female hanging out in our neighbor's feeder so you can see the difference in their colorings.  Males are brighter orange with more black markings.  I was able to catch the female eating at my new yellow suet feeder.  What a cutie!



Also spotted this weekend was a Carolina Wren.  Once again this was the first time I've ever seen one here.  Haven't been able to get good photos yet of this tiny bird yet but here are the best of the worst photos I've got so far...


My neighbor has the Rose Breasted Grosbeaks at her feeder and I need to get some more bird seed asap.  I don't think I've got what they want to eat BUT I will soon.  Bird envy, yeah I've got it.  As for the Black & White Warblers that visited me a few weeks ago, I never saw them again.  Sadness.


No comments:

Post a Comment