

The floor is sealed. The vapor barrier (fancy for 6 mil. clear plastic) is up. Mark did a lot of electrical work on Saturday. He's been highly influenced by the Holmes On Homes TV show. He is making sure everything is to code and wired properly. Wood and insulation have been purchased so framing will begin soon.



I've been thinking about the decor down there too. I ordered this tweed fabric for the couch-daybed things we will create. We're keeping that 1970s chartreuse-lime green recliner that I absolutely love. Everything else will be neutral with natural wood tones (I'm calling this look Swedish Lodge). There is also the 1960s aqua pool table that gives us another color challenge but it's just so damn cool that it fits in no matter what! Last year we built a slat wood covered half-wall with a counter top to seperate the giant space and give a spot to pull a few barstools up to when eating and watching TV. We'll continue the slat wall theme down there with another bar (a real bar with liquor and wine storage) and also cover part of one wall next to the pool table (say floor to about 4 feet up) and build a legde perfect for a drink to sit on while you make your shot on the table and for some artwork.
No comments:
Post a Comment